My Workplace Health and Safety
Workplace Health and Safety Policy (2014)
As part of our commitment to achieving the principles of health and safety in our workplace, we recognise our moral and legal responsibility to provide a safe and healthy work environment for employees, contractors, customers and visitors. This commitment also extends to ensuring that our operations do not place the local community or environment at risk of injury, illness or damage.
Aims and Objectives
My Pathway will adopt procedures as a commitment to:
- provide and maintain healthy and safe workplaces, safe plant and systems of work
- provide written procedures and instructions to ensure safe work practices
- ensure compliance with legislative requirements, current industry standards and other requirements placed on the business
- provide such information, instruction, training and supervision to employees, contractors and customers as is necessary to ensure their continued health and safety
- provide support and assistance to employees and involve them in consultation on safety issues
- establish and maintain a Management System modelled on the Australian and international Standards ISO 9001:2008 Standard AS NZS 4801:2001 – and ISO 14001:2004, and
- improve the companies OHS performance.
We recognise that the overall responsibility and commitment to provide a safe workplace rests with management, who will be accountable for the implementation of this policy. The commitment and responsibilities include:
- management review meetings to establish measurable objectives and targets and to ensure continued improvement aimed at the elimination of work-related injuries and illnesses
- ensuring that all OHS policies and procedures are documented, reviewed, implemented, maintained and communicated to all employees, and
- providing adequate resources to meet these OHS commitments.
- Employees also have responsibilities, which include:
- following all OHS policies and procedures, and
- recognising hazards which may affect the health and safety of themselves, others, or the environment.
We are committed to encouraging consultation and co-operation between management and employees, and will formally involve elected employee health and safety representatives in any workplace change or any matters that may affect the health and safety of employees in any workplace.