My Pathway is a social enterprise with a profound respect for diversified cultures, and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander culture, song, dance, stories and language.
Headquartered in Cairns, Queensland – a gateway to Asia and the Pacific islands – our diverse staff of over 700 professionals, working across regional and remote Australia, represents more than 30 cultures.
More than 50% of our staff identify as Indigenous and are represented at all levels throughout our organisation. We don’t just talk about culture and respect, we live it every day. One of our key strengths is our understanding of the local cultural protocols in the communities we serve.
Working with My Pathway means working with people within local communities. We listen deeply to your community-led visions and work together to deliver programs designed to support our community partners to grow stronger.
We achieve this by:
- Develop: We recognise the importance of developing the capacity of individuals and employing local people.
- Connect: Together with community, we identify needs, provide increased capacity in services and deliver pathways to grow.
- Grow: Providing tools for community social and economic growth.
Community Development Programs
Currently Australia’s largest service provider of the Community Development Program (CDP) – an initiative of, and funded by, the Australian Government to enhance employment skills and community wellbeing in remote regions.
Working across geographic and socially diverse landscapes, our Community Development Programs empowers communities, from health to jobs and training, including:
- Moon Bags Empowering women through this bilateral WASH program for sanitary wellbeing, Moon Sick Care Bags Initiative is also a successful microenterprise pilot project – remote Australia & Papua New Guinea
- Women in Construction Industry training and employment support for women to work in the building sector – Torres Strait Islands (Cape York to Papua New Guinea)
- Maritime Pathways Developing capacity and skills of Torres Strait Islander and Aboriginal people to operate commercial vessels in industries such as near coastal trading, commercial fishing, tourism and the offshore maritime shipping industry.
- Sustainable Food Systems Sustaining nutrition and health in remote communities through cooperative food production developing Permaculture and Aquaculture farming systems – Central Australia, Cape York Peninsula and Torres Strait Islands.
- Climate Resilience Mitigating climate disaster impacts of rising seas, tropical cyclones, drought - with environmental adaptation, conservation, water restoration, sustainable waste and disaster management training.
- Cultural Enterprise Development Strategizing with communities to develop cultural product for multiple markets, including tourism and other jobs and enterprise outcomes.
My Pathway will always ensure that all partner funding requirements and community visions are aligned for positive solutions and outcomes.